Friday, April 10, 2009

Freee-dom.


There was only ever one type of longing that I've felt. It is the longing for freedom.

Freedom to travel. Freedom to live as I please. Freedom to make mistakes and learn.


This is something that I need. It is not a want anymore, rather a need.

My heart aches when people around me are free to explore and discover the world on their own. I've always wanted that.


I've always wanted to go to Europe - To go backpacking through the continent to non-commercial cities.


To Ladakh- To go backpacking in Ladakh.


To England - To spend a summer in a cottage in the English countryside.


To Rome - To make a silly wish, laugh and then toss a coin into the Trevi Fountain.


To Africa - To volunteer to help the poor and diseased. To do social service.


To Goa - To street shop and meet eccentric people. To taste the fusion of cultures and write about it.


To Japan - To capture images of falling cherry blossoms. To learn to make a perfect sushi.


To Bangalore - To go to sleep happy and wake up happy, without chaperones this time. To bask in the weather.


To Tuscany- To inhale the scents in the air and exhale in awe. To not speak the language and befriend locals.


To Maldives - To relive good times. To detoxify. To relax. To just be.


To Greece - To take photographs.


To Makkah - To repent for all my sins. To seek redemption.


To Singapore - To eat everything I grew up eating. To feel like I did when I was a child, again.


To Madras - To live like its home. To not see anyone that I don't wish to see. To reconstruct a pre-existing life.

5 comments:

N.Y Photography said...

You have taken one of my heart's desires and put it in words... words that have longed to be said.

Just a couple of weeks ago I was talking about this to a friend.
I would be lying if I said that I already found my passion in life. I do not know what my likes and dislikes are, I do not know what I would like to do, don't know where I want to be in a couple of years, don't know where I'd like to be, don't know where my heart lays.

He is one of the fortunate ones that has gotten the chance of going missing for a little bit under/over a year to places he never speaks of. He saw things we long to see, he lived the life that we long for. He was in the middle of all of it, he lived it.

Sometimes I think if I were allowed to go on such an adventure, I would come back as a different person.
I would -- this is what i believe -- find my life's passion.

Being away for university has taught me a lot, I cannot lie. Life is so different, you become more independent, you being to look at things differently, you come to appreciate things a lot, things you take as a "norm"

It's a shame that I am nothing with out my parents. I long to grow up be fully independent and actually repay them for everything they have given me growing up, repay them by being there for them, and making sure they're happy and proud of us.

Thank you for sharing these thoughts.
Quiet frankly, after scanning through your writings I can't see you do anything other than what you are doing. I am glad you have found something to make you happy. :)

N.Y Photography said...

hahaha, that was pretty long... might be a blog entry by it self.

Fubar.Avenger said...

Beautiful.

Tharwah nuseirah said...

Thank you Nouli <3
:) x

Tharwah nuseirah said...

Thank you =)